[Slapt-get-user] slapt-get just hangs

Adams-Blake Co. slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:05:31 -0700

I installed slapt-get and when I run slapt-get --update I get:

root@xxxx:/home/al/downloads# slapt-get --update
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/
slackware-9.1/]...

It just hangs forever. Here is the rc file which is right out of the box. Did
I miss something? I can manually ftp to the slackware directory.

Thanks,

Al

# See /usr/doc/slapt-get-0.9.8k/example.slapt-getrc
# for example source entries and configuration hints.
WORKINGDIR=/var/slapt-get
EXCLUDE=kernel-ide,kernel-source,kernel-headers,kernel-modules,lilo,.*-[0-9]dl
$,devs
SOURCE=ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-9.1/
SOURCE=http://software.jaos.org/slackpacks/9.1/