[Slapt-get-user] Dependancy Checking wrapper script not working.

Sean Donner slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 07:14:51 -0800

Thanks for the quick fix. However, now im comming into another problem.
When I do "./depend.sh --update" it will sit there for about 1 min, almost
like its hanging and then it will suddenly pop up the slapt-get "usage" menu
that shows all the available flags to use as if for some reason it didnt
like the --update flag.   Just to see what would happen, I executed
"./depend.sh --upgrade" and below is the output I get.  Pay special
attention to the bottom most paragraph after the word "Done", it looks like
the flags are being passed to 'grep' and not to slapt-get.  I hope this is
another simple fix.  Thanks again, and keep up the great work.

-Sean

[root@maximus][~]# ./depend.sh --upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
The following packages have been EXCLUDED:
  kernel-headers kernel-source devs kernel-modules kernel-ide lilo
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.

Done
grep: unrecognized option `--upgrade'
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
cat: /var/log/packages/: Is a directory