Re[4]: [Slapt-get-user] Dependancy Checking wrapper script not working.

Jason Woodward slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:33:59 -0500

> Sorry about that, accidentally hit the send button before I was done with my
> email.  Anyway here is the output I was talking about.  From what I can tell
> slapt-get is doing what it should be doing.  However im not so sure that the
> dependancy checking is actually working because of the errors from "grep"
> and "cat".  Note that I get the same exact error output (everything after
> "Done") no matter what flag I use, even "--show".

You are invoking undefined behavior.  The expected usage of the script is to '--update' its pkg
data, or pass in packages (names of packages, or a singular package if that is the case).  It
is not intended to pass in slapt-get arguments directly to it.

./depend.sh --update

./depend.sh vim abiword gnome-session

Take care,
jason