[Slapt-get-user] Re[2]: slapt-get

Jason Woodward slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Fri, 07 May 2004 13:46:59 -0400

--boundary-1083951442

Hi Chist,

> well... i was figuring that we need as many mirrors as possible. maybe.. a
> script that tars it ftps it and untars it??  what ya think..

The following is a script that will mirror all the 8.1,9.0, and 9.1 slapt-get packages.

### begin script
#!/bin/sh
BASE_URL=http://software.jaos.org/slackpacks/

function get_by_version {
  VER=$1

  if [ ! -d ${VER} ]; then
    mkdir ${VER}
  fi

  cd ${VER}
  for PKG in `lynx -source ${BASE_URL}${VER}/PACKAGES.TXT|grep tgz|awk '{print $3}'`
  do
    echo wget ${BASE_URL}${VER}/${PKG}
  done

  cd ..
}

get_by_version 8.1
get_by_version 9.0
get_by_version 9.1
### end script

> >> i own slackwaresupport.com.  i want to be one of the mirrors.  tell me
> >> what i needs to do.
> >
> > As far as mirroring slapt-get, right now there is no rsync or any such
> > method to do it.  If you
> > wanted to parse the contents of the PACKAGES.TXT file for each slackware
> > release and then
> > retrieve the package files, that would be one way.

--boundary-1083951442--