[Slapt-get-user] MD5 problem

- Kocil k0c1l at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 01:21:57 EST 2004

Hi Jason.

It's me, having problem with slapt-get on Vector Linux.

I have setup a FULLY slapt-get compliant FTP site
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.0/packages.
and also uses the Slackware-current site as a complement.

When I tried to install abiword, I got this error message:
----------------------
root@# slapt-get --ignore-dep --install abiword-2.0.11-i586-4vl5
Reading Package Lists... Done
  abiword: Depends: x11 >= 6.8.1-i486-3
  aspell aspell-en fribidi gtk+2 libglade glib2 abiword
  bash libxml2
2 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 15863K of archives.
After unpacking 48720K of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [y/N] y
Downloading ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/slackware/slackware-current/
aspell 0.60-i486-2 [925K]...Done
Downloading ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/slackware/slackware-current/
aspell-en 6.0_0-noarch-2 [1579K]...Done
Downloading
ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.0/packages/
fribidi 0.10.4-i586-4vl5 [48K]...Done
Downloading ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/slackware/slackware-current/
gtk+2 2.4.13-i486-1 [6014K]...Done
Downloading ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/slackware/slackware-current/
libglade 2.4.0-i486-1 [121K]...Done
Downloading ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/slackware/slackware-current/
glib2 2.4.7-i486-1 [1041K]...Done
Downloading
ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.0/packages/
abiword 2.0.11-i586-4vl5 [3685K]...Done
md5 sum for abiword is not correct, override with --no-md5!
----------------------

I checked the remote abiword and the local downloaded abiword,
their md5sum are the same.
So .. what is causing this problem ?
I suspect that this is because another abiword package are available on the
Slackware site.

-----------------
root at engrob4:# slapt-get --search abiword
abiword 2.0.11-i586-4vl5 [inst=no]: AbiWord (Light Word Processor)
abiword 2.0.12-i486-1 [inst=no]: abiword (AbiWord Personal)

Oh yeah.
I was in the middle of writing this HOW-TO when the problem stopped me to
continue.

http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4005

Help quickly before the users catch me :)

Thanks.