[Slapt-get-user] keywords and excluding with --install

Philip philipacamaniac at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 22:43:16 EDT 2004

I've been trying to figure out a way to use keywords rather than
typing out full package names, much like emerge or apt-get behavior.

The problem is, I want this to follow the EXCLUDE list, or at least,
some exclude list. That way, I can type

$keyword.sh kde

and it would install/upgrade all kde related packages, including
required libs and everything, but it would ignore things I never want,
specifically the kde-i18n and koffice-i18n package series. But I guess
--install is not affected by the EXCLUDE list. Any solutions or
suggestions?

<code>
#!/bin/sh
# keyword.sh
# This script adds pseudo-keyword support to slapt-get.
for pkg in `slapt-get --search $1 |awk '{print $1}'`
do
 list="$list $pkg"
done
slapt-get --install $list