[Slapt-get-user] --downgrade option?

Stefan Koopmanschap slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 20:24:42 +0200 (GMT-2)

hey people,

maybe this could be a new feature? I ran slapt-get --upgrade today which
upgraded X11 but after the upgrade X11 crashed on startup. Now, I have it
working again but it's now not running in 24bit anymore. 16bit is as far
as it gets. screen resolution also doesn't work as good as it should.

So maybe it would be good to have a --downgrade option to revert back to
the previous installation? for important packages, it could be good if you
could somehow 'cache' the old installation and revert back to the old
installation if the new version doesn't work well...

stefan