[Slapt-get-user] Weird problem with

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Sat Jan 29 17:56:57 EST 2005

Hi Roy,

> I manage a small Slackware package repository whose aim is solely to be
> accssible through slapt-get.
>
> I'm having a problem with slapt-get (tried only 0.9.9f, some earlier
> version worked correctly, 0.9.9c, IIRC) ignoring part of the paths for
> some unknown reason.
>
> Any ideas?

This is due to how Pat has built the PACKAGES.TXT for the /extra/, /testing, and /pasture/ disk
sets.  The PACKAGES.TXT in /extra/ for instance has location fields for each package like
./extra/pkg_name.   But the CHECKSUMS.md5 entry for the package doesn't have the /extra/ as
part of the filename, it's just ./pkg_name.

So in order for slapt-get to parse those packages and be able to look up the md5 checksum
correctly, I have to strip out those directories from the location so that after parsing the
PACKAGES.TXT and then merging in the md5, the location + pkg_name match the entry in the
CHECKSUMS.md5 file.

I am trying to rework this.  All I can say for right now is avoid using the reserved /extra/,
/testing/, and /pasture/ directories and trying a custom name like local_extra or some such
convention.

take care,
jason