[Slapt-get-user] slapt-get dependency question/bug?

Paul Wilson elviscious at rmci.net
Tue Mar 15 13:11:26 EST 2005

> Packages c and a are installed.  Package b is then upgraded.  New
> installs happen before upgrades.  The actual order of discovery follows
> your expectations but in executing the pending changes, the installs are
> prioritized higher than upgrades.

Hmmm, that seems rather odd to me.  It seems that all dependencies for a
given package should be installed or upgraded, before the original package
is installed or upgraded.

Is there a way to configure slapt-get to install the packages that way is
really what I'm getting at, or would I need to get c-hacky on the source?

Thanks again,

paul wilson