[Slapt-get-user] skip package option when error 404 received

nigel henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed May 11 17:22:20 EDT 2005

Hi Folks. I'm using Slackware 10.0. Some problems when doing a slapt-get
--update and then a slapt-get --dist-upgrade from audioslack repo. Some
packages halfway through a dist-upgrade bring up an error 404 "Failed to
download". Would it be possible to build into slapt-get an option to skip
packages that bring up this error? As it is, without putting packages with
error into /etc/slapt-getrc's Exclude option the dist-upgrade is unable to
proceed. I have not had this 404 error with apt on FC1,FC2,Debian, and am not
sure what it is. Perhaps something to do with broken packages. I will post
this problem to audioslack as it may be a problem with certain packages.
Another problem seen after running slapt-get --update and then slapt-get
--dist-upgrade is a long string of "Regex Error: Invalid preceding regular
expression
Failed to compile regex" I see that regex is used to set exclude options for
packages in /etc/slapt-getrc. I tried running slapt-get --update and then
slapt-get --install regex --reinstall, but continue to have the same output
between slapt-get --update and slapt-get --dist-upgrade. Any comments no
matter how crude would be welcome. Nigel.