[Slapt-get-user] undefined symbol: EVP_MD_CTX_init

Timothy Chu chut7 at yahoo.ca
Sun Nov 27 04:03:19 EST 2005

 Hi,

 I've been using slackware for years, but only now discovered your tool.  Thanks so much!  It'll hopefully save me much time in the future.

  First a bug report:

 I ran it with --update.  I then successfully connected to one of the slackware mirrors, and I saw the package downloading.  In fact, I saw the file in its entirety downloaded.  However, it never gets installed.  Here's the error:
 ------------------------------
 Reading Package Lists... Done
   xfree86-devel
 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
 Need to get 4MB of archives.
 After unpacking 15MB of additional disk space will be used.
 Get ftp://slackware.oregonstate.edu/.1/slackware/slackware-9.1/ xfree86-devel 4.3.0-i486-3 [4MB]...Done
 slapt-get: relocation error: slapt-get: undefined symbol: EVP_MD_CTX_init
 I can install the pakcage manually, no problem.  But it'd be nice to have the software working as it was meant to, and install the package for me.

 Secondly, a suggestion.  I use ncftp to download my packages for the sole reason that it keeps the original file dates.  Could you provide a means to either customize the FTP command to be one of our own choice?

 Thanks again,

 <tim><