[Slapt-get-user] mirroring with slapt

Lukasz Stelmach stelmacl at ee.pw.edu.pl
Fri Sep 2 12:12:20 EDT 2005

Greetings.

First of all I'd like to say that slapt-get is the thing that I've missed
(therefore I haven't realised) in my Slackware. Slapt-get rulez!!! ;-)

Next thing is some bad news. I can see a missing feature, or maybe
design flaw, IMHO. The /var/slapt-get/ directory should be populated
in a manner that the upgraded machine could act as an ftp mirror for
other machines on the local network. Actually the packages are layed
out properly but there are no PACKAGES.txt files to tell which packages
are available via LAN.

To answer probable questions about NFS. No I'd rather not use it ;)

Cheers,
--
|/       |_,  _   .-  --,    2:480/135 at fido    stelmacl(A)ee.pw.edu.pl
|__ |_|. | \ |_|. ._' /_. 101:1000/135 at unholy  xmpp:steelman at chrome.pl

i bet i write stuff several times, and i am a bit incoherent, but it's
4.30 am :D --- Thomas Nilsson