[Slapt-get-user] mirroring with slapt

Lukasz Stelmach stelmacl at ee.pw.edu.pl
Sat Sep 3 07:23:53 EDT 2005

 Byla godzina 12:21:36 w piątek 02 wrzesień, gdy do autobusu wsiadl kanar
 i wrzasnal:"Jason Woodward!!! Bilecik do kontroli!!!" A on(a) na to:

> > Next thing is some bad news. I can see a missing feature, or maybe
> > design flaw, IMHO. The /var/slapt-get/ directory should be populated
> > in a manner that the upgraded machine could act as an ftp mirror for
> > other machines on the local network. Actually the packages are layed
> > out properly but there are no PACKAGES.txt files to tell which packages
> > are available via LAN.
>
> The packages_data file is close to the PACKAGES.TXT file.  However, you
> need a CHECKSUMS.md5 sum as well.  The method to create those files is
> listed in the slapt-get FAQ
> (http://software.jaos.org/BUILD/slapt-get/FAQ.html#slgFAQ17)

Thanks. I don't know how could I have missed that.

I've created my own script. That does not generate .meta files and doesn't
look into the packages at all. If you'd like to see it you can grab it from:

http://stlman.fm.interia.pl/mkpackages.pl
http://stlman.fm.interia.pl/mkpackages.pl.asc

> > To answer probable questions about NFS. No I'd rather not use it ;)
>
> You can use ftp, http, file:///, etc.  :-)

I figured that out. Noting the NFS I meant I didn't want to share the
/var/slapt-get/ as a cache directory but rather as a package source
that looks like "genuine" ones.

Czym sie cieplo Jason...
--
|/       |_,  _   .-  --,    2:480/135 at fido    stelmacl(A)ee.pw.edu.pl
|__ |_|. | \ |_|. ._' /_. 101:1000/135 at unholy  xmpp:steelman at chrome.pl

i bet i write stuff several times, and i am a bit incoherent, but it's
4.30 am :D --- Thomas Nilsson