[Slapt-get-user] [Gsb-users] Not Working As Expected

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 24 13:15:16 EDT 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Jason Woodward wrote:

> This is provided by the avahi package.  Typically you can take a substring
> ^of the library, sans lib, and search.  You'll find lib{foo} is often
> ^provided in a {foo} package.

   That's what I thought. When I downloaded gnucash, I thought that I saw the
avahi package also came accross. Well, I got that, then found other
dependencies that were not automagically resolved.

> Yes, but you would install the entire freerock installation in order to install its
> dependencies.

   I did this.

> Gnucash may have an incomplete list or a short list with only dependencies
> an arm reach away. The others may be assumptions based on an actual
> Freerock install. Either way, suggestions or patches as to which
> dependencies to add to specific packages are welcome.

   OK. Where it's now hung up is:

** (process:26272): WARNING **: Failed to dlopen()
'/usr/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-ofx.la': libofx.so.2: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

gnucash: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/./libgncqof.so.1: undefined symbol:
g_slice_alloc

   There's an libgncmod-ofx.so, but not a static library.

   Apparently, the freerock gnucash package includes all the on-line banking
libraries. I use none of them, but cannot control that. So, I guess that I'm
back to building from the source tarball and working out the dependencies
one-by-one using slapt-get.

Thanks for the help,

Rich