[Slapt-get-user] Best way of upgrading many Slackware boxes?

Per Börjesson sky at hi.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Jun 25 08:18:27 EDT 2006

Hi,

I was reading "FAQ 38. Can I use slapt-get to mirror packages?". Now, I have
my WORKINGDIR on an NFS mount and from what the FAQ says I take it I can:

  a) upgrade one box as usual

  b) generate the PACKAGES.TXT and CHECKSUMS.md5 files in my WORKINGDIR

  c) upgrade all other boxes using the original WORKINGDIR as a SOURCE

This will however mean that each of the other boxes will have its own copy
of the WORKINGDIR, unless of course I point them all to the same WORKINGDIR.
Will this create any conflicts?

Are there any better ways of doing this?

Regards
Per