[Slapt-get-user] How does search work?

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Sun Jun 25 12:24:10 EDT 2006

> Also, that's odd. Results like lvm- should not have been returned for
> "^lvm2*"... That makes me wonder if slapt-get isn't handling the regex
> correctly...

POSIX regular expression syntax uses '*' to mean 0 or more.  So lvm2* would match lvm as well.
 '-' should be escaped less it being interpreted as a range seperator.

In this case, slapt-get applies the expression to the package name, package version, package
location, and package description.  To specify "lvm" exactly, use ^lvm$ where '$' matches the
line boundary.

take care,
jason

--