[Slapt-get-user] When is EXCLUDE consulted?

Per Börjesson sky at hi.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Jun 25 14:33:57 EDT 2006

Jason Woodward wrote:
> Hi Per,
>
>> FAQ 30 says "EXCLUDE is only consulted for upgrading and dist-upgrading". Does this
>> mean that I can't exlude for --install-set?
>
> That is correct.

After the helpful responses I received I made some experiments with my EXCLUDE-list to
make sure that I understood everything.

I was surprised to find that if I have ^lvm$ in the EXCLUDE-list I get:

kernel 125% slapt-get --install-set ap --simulate
Reading Package Lists... Done

...but if I remove it I get:

kernel 127% slapt-get --install-set ap --simulate
Reading Package Lists... Done
  lvm
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0kB/341kB of archives.
After unpacking 1MB of additional disk space will be used.
lvm-1.0.8-i486-1 is to be installed

---

So it seems to me that I CAN use the EXCLUDE-list for --install-set.

Regards
Per