[Slapt-get-user] problem with the new X_slackXX.X build numbers?

rneri at libero.it rneri at libero.it
Thu May 11 04:43:50 EDT 2006

Hi,
I've been using slapt-get for a few days, and I think is the best package management tool I've tried so far.
However, I would like to report that slapt-get doesn't seem to be able to handle the "X_slackXX.X" build numbers that PV has been using for the latest apache and mod_ssl patches. In fact, I have downloaded the patches myself, renamed them to a plain "*-X.tgz", built my CHECKSUMS.md5 and PACKAGES.TXT, and now slapt-get does recognize them as available upgrades. BTW, I am using the default slapt-get EXCLUDE list.
Kind regards.
--
Having been asked to provide a reference for this man, I can confidently state that you will be very lucky indeed if you can get him to work for you.

  .~.  Roberto Neri
  /V\  Registered Linux User 88943.
 /( )\ Registered Machine 37596.
 ^^-^^ Palermo, Italy.