[Slapt-get-user] slapt-get-0.9.11f on slack10.2

Per Börjesson sky at hi.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 14:53:10 EST 2006

Jason Woodward wrote:
> Hi Per,
>
>>> It is hard to know if the bug was introduced after the 7.12.2 release or not.  We can find out
>>> definitively if you try upgrading libcurl to see if the problem goes away.
>> Yes, it does!! :)
>
> Great.  Thanks for sharing.  Hopefully if anyone else is having the same problem they now have
> a solution. :-)

The truth is that I really only complained about my problem, whereas you actually solved it for me,
so HUGE THANKS for that ;)

I might also take the opportunity and say that I have learnt a lot from this exercise, and I think
the FAQ has fragments spread out, but there is no short summary of the key roles of the files
CHECKSUMS.md5, PACKAGES.TXT and package_data. It would be nice to have a paragraph with just a few
sentences on how it all goes together. I think FAQ17 and README4 come close but they mostly just
say that these files are needed and less about why and how it works. Perhaps README4 would be a
good place to add a paragraph.

Finally I just remembered that last weekend I was updating one of my local SOURCE dirs and it
occurred to me that it would be nice if I could define my own custom disc set, because then
I could update my boxes using --install-set as described in FAQ18. Jason, if you maintain a
wish list please consider adding this feature.

> Take care,
> jason

Regards
Per