[Slapt-get-user] Slapt-get not detecting beta versions?

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Tue Feb 13 18:53:17 EST 2007

Hi Roberto,

> I would like to report something I've noticed in slapt-get 0.9.11g.
>
> I have an installed package called k9copy-1.1.0beta2-i486-1rn, and in my package repository
there is its upgrade, called k9copy-1.1.0-i486-1rn; all the repository information files such
as PACKAGES.TXT are up to date, slapt-get --update has been run, but slapt-get --upgrade won't
detect the upgrade (although in /var/slapt-get/package_date I can only see the information on
the new package)

> Is there a possibility that slapt-get does not handle the "beta2" version suffix properly?

This is one situation in which Slapt-get is not able to adequately determine which version is
intended to be newer.

--
Jason Woodward
woodwardj at jaos.org