[Slapt-get-user] Why doesn't the cancel button in gslapt work??

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Fri Nov 9 10:58:31 EST 2007

Hi Shingoshi,

> It never has, for as long as I have used gslapt. Pressing cancel does
> absolutely nothing. You press it down, it pops back up. Nothing is
> canceled.

It sends the cancel notification to the other thread which is handling the downloading, which
is handled in a callback that is registered with libcurl.  If libcurl is blocking the callback
won't be called until libcurl resumes.  I've seen libcurl block during name resolution, for
example, but I've never seen it block in such a way that the cancel notification never gets
handled.  Is this during updating the source information, downloading packages, or all network
activities?

take care,
jason
--