[Slapt-get-user] Is there a irc channel for slapt-get?

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Sun Nov 23 13:16:09 EST 2008

Hi Shingoshi,

> I looked on the website, and didn't find anything prominently displayed
>   about this. So if there is one, please let me know. Ok. I found one
>   through Google, but it seems to be completely inactive. #slapt-get on
>   freenode.

That is the official channel.  I check in daily but a lot of the time I am not around as often
as I would like.

>   What I was wanting to find out, is how to block only a single Italian
>   package, that keeps wanting to upgrade my adobereader with the
>   language version.
>
>   Here's the package label.
>   8.1.3.ita-i486-1sl
>   The version changes as does the build number, of course. But the
>   "ita-i486-*sl" always remains the same.

You should be able to add an exclude like this:

[0-9]\.ita-i486-[0-9]sl

You can test that it matches your package by searching with it:

# slapt-get --search '[0-9]\.ita-i486-[0-9]sl'
adobereader-8.1.3.ita-i486-1sl [inst=no]: Adobe Reader

Hope that helps,
jason
--
Jason Woodward