[Slapt-get-user] FAQ 17. How do I create my own package source?

Per Börjesson qso at bredband.net
Tue Apr 20 17:29:12 EDT 2010

George Vlahavas wrote:
> Right, I misread that. But still, are you sure you have the latest
> version of xz installed?

Yes.

> Are you possibly using txz packages from current too? These don't
> decompress with the lzma command, they explicitly need xz instead. Try
> to change this line:
>
> tlz|txz) DECOMPRESS=lzma ;;
>
> to:
>
> tlz) DECOMPRESS=lzma ;;
> txz) DECOMPRESS=xz ;;

To avoid confusion I have repeated the experiment entirely inside my
13.0 box updated today (two updates today; see changelog). The result
is exactly the same. I get the same kind of error messages as in my
first post.

I also made the above change to the script. Still the same problem.

The problem seems to be that the script is not getting the list of
packages right. Files that are not packages get included in the
processing, which causes errors.

In the script there is the following filter:

  # find . -type f -regex '.*\.[tgblzikx]+$' -print

I executed this in a shell and got all the usual *.txz, but I also
got a number of unwanted files:

./.http:##software.jaos.org#slackpacks#13.0#PACKAGES.TXT.gz
./.http:##software.jaos.org#slackpacks#13.0#patches#PACKAGES.TXT.gz
./.http:##software.jaos.org#slackpacks#13.0#CHECKSUMS.md5.gz
./.http:##software.jaos.org#slackpacks#13.0#ChangeLog.txt.gz
./.http:##software.jaos.org#slackpacks#13.0#ChangeLog.txt
./.ftp:##ftp.osuosl.org#pub#slackware#slackware-13.0#ChangeLog.txt

As an experiment, I ran the script with this simplified filter instead:

  # find . -name '*.txz'

This time everything worked fine, but of course I missed any *.tgz etc.

Please Jason, would you mind fixing the filter for FAQ 17 so that no
*.txt or *.gz or other unwanted files are selected. It really is most
valuable to be able to reuse WORKINGDIR as a SOURCE to avoid multiple
downloads of the same packages, and it used to work fine ;)

Regards
Per