[Slapt-get-user] more priority issues

Rick Dicaire kritek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 15:46:59 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM,  <woodwardj at jaos.org> wrote:
> At least for this test case if slapt-get can't find it in a repository then it doesn't know
> what priority to assign to it (as its only installed).  Adding :CUSTOM to the first repository
> doesn't make a difference.

So the fact that a newer version of a pkg is installed according to
the Slackware pkg db in /var/log/packages being ignored by slapt-get,
does that indicate a potential bug in slapt-get?

I can put the newer net-snmp pkg in my custom repo, which will stop
slapt-get from wanting to downgrade that pkg in my instance, but
slapt-get not recognizing the installed newer version because its not
currently in a repo seems like a bug.

As an experiment, I commented out the custom repo, and the slacky.eu
repo. All my installed custom pkgs now want to be downgraded to
repo-only versions. This is new behaviour by slapt-get, but I cannot
pinpoint at what version this started. Before I started using my own
custom repo (approximately a year or less ago), I simply built and
installed my custom pkgs, and slapt-get wouldn't try to upgrade
(downgrade) to repo-only versions.

This only seems to apply to pkgs that exist in a configured repo, but
were locally upgraded. Custom pkgs installed that don't exist in a
configured repo appear unaffected.

Consider this a bug report :)

--
aRDy Music and Rick Dicaire present: