[Slapt-get-user] Package retrieval error

Steven Saner steve at saner.net
Fri Oct 7 01:18:12 EDT 2011

I have built a package on Slackware 13.1 from a SlackBuild script on
slackbuilds.org. I have put that package in a repository where I have
other custom packages that I have built. The name of the package is:

libreoffice-3.4.3_en_US-i586-1_SBo.tgz

After doing a slapt-get --update, the package_data file contains the
following stanza for this package. Everything in this stanza looks
correct and similar to other packages.

PACKAGE NAME:  libreoffice-3.4.3_en_US-i586-1_SBo.tgz
PACKAGE MIRROR:  ftp://lion.pantheranet.com/ssaner/slackware-13.1/
PACKAGE PRIORITY:  6
PACKAGE LOCATION:  ./ssaner/gnome
PACKAGE SIZE (compressed):  144844 K
PACKAGE SIZE (uncompressed):  367390 K
PACKAGE REQUIRED:
PACKAGE CONFLICTS:
PACKAGE SUGGESTS:
PACKAGE MD5SUM:  e13f5cb7e78ea4fd9885236b66e1aadb
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
libreoffice: LibreOffice (Productivity Suite)
libreoffice:
libreoffice: LibreOffice is a productivity suite that is compatible with
other
libreoffice: major office suites, and available on a variety of
platforms. It is
libreoffice: free software and therefore free to download, use and
distribute.
libreoffice:
libreoffice: This is a repackaging of the official LibreOffice binary RPM's
libreoffice: distributed by the upstream developers.
libreoffice:
libreoffice: Homepage: http://www.libreoffice.org
libreoffice:

If I issue the command "slapt-get --search libreoffice" I get the following:

libreoffice-3.4.3_en_US-i586-1_SBo [inst=no]: LibreOffice (Productivity
Suite)

Yet, when I try to install the package I get:

% slapt-get --install libreoffice
Reading Package Lists...Done
   libreoffice
0 upgraded, 0 reinstalled, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove, 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 141.4MB of archives.
After unpacking 358.8MB of additional disk space will be used.
1/1 Get ftp://lion.pantheranet.com/ssaner/slackware-13.1/ libreoffice
3.4.3_en_US-i586-1_SBo [141.4MB]...Failed to download: Remote file not found

Note that the URL that slapt-get is trying to retrieve is incorrect.
There is a space before the package name and another space between the
name and the version. Also the "package location" directories are
missing. Can someone tell me the cause of this? Is there something wrong
with the package name such that it isn't parsed correctly? There are
other packages in this same directory that I have no problem with.

I am running the 0.10.2k version of slapt-get from jaos.org. The
relevant part of the slapt-getrc for this repository is:

# Home made packages.
# SOURCE=file:///var/www/packages/:CUSTOM
SOURCE=ftp://lion.pantheranet.com/ssaner/slackware-13.1/:CUSTOM

Thanks for your time.

Steve