[Slapt-get-devel] Slapt-get additional priority levels

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Sun Nov 30 20:31:51 EST 2008

Hi Ken,

> The attached patches add an extra 4 priority levels to slapt-get and
> gslapt, namely "Custom +1" to "Custom +4".  Hopefully you will consider
> this to be an acceptable compromise between my original patch and your
> approach of using named priority levels.  IMHO the ability to overlay
> several mirrors with different priorities is just too powerful to leave
> out, but I think that 5 custom priority levels should be enough for anyone!

I am hesitant to commit this as I don't like the labels and I think the "preferred" vs "custom"
kinda provides the same thing.  But, I can see that with official in the middle of those two
you might be able to come up with some scenario were additional priorities may not be enough.
I can't see the scenario but I don't wanna discount it.

If anything, this patch can live on in the mailing list for those that want it.

> Note I have corrected a bug in gslapt where the "default:" clause of a
> switch statement was misspelled "defualt:".  I guess the compiler thinks
> that "defualt:" is a goto label so does not complain!

wow, thanks for pointing that out... I can't believe it compiled... another negative for late
night hacking.

> I have also tweaked the README file to remove the bit about source
> priorities being integers; that doesn't make much sense when using named
> priorities.

Right, thanks.  I did the same to the FAQ files.

take care,
jason
--
Jason Woodward