[Slapt-get-devel] A few ideas on source package handling.

Dan Barber danb at mojolin.com
Tue Nov 11 09:13:12 EST 2003

It seems to me there is a grey area here when dealing with source
packages, in that slapt-get right now is just a tool for installing
already built packages.

Perhaps it would be useful to have the author of checkinstall in on this
discussion.  His tool already builds slackware packages, and he may have
some good input into the best way to make the source packages, as well.

In any case, if there is some automated functionality for 'building' the
source package, checkinstall might be the better place for it.

And of course, jim from linuxpackages will sure have some input.  Maybe we
need to create a 'working group' with it's own email list for coming up
with the best way to do source packages.

Sorry for the ramble...

Dan