[Slapt-get-devel] suggestions and ideas

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Fri Dec 9 09:46:19 EST 2005

Hi Stefano,

> But even if we choose to use a classic repository with "-src" packages
> still few problems remain:
>
> -the user can't build packages automatically, he has to install a "-src"
> package and then manually execute the Slackbuild

I can think of a few solutions.  First, an environment variable that the doinst.sh checks.
Secondly, the doinst.sh could be interactive (ala debconf).

> -the main issue is about dependencies: postfix-src requires
> cyrus-sasl-src or simply cyrus-sasl?
> I think the user should be able to choose what to do for each
> dependency. For example:
>
>    PACKAGE REQUIRED:x11 >= 6.8.2-i486-3, xaw3d >= 1.5-i386-3
>
> the user should be able to install X11 from a binary package and then
> build xaw3d from a "-src" package.

The dependency could be use both, cyrus-sasl | cyrus-sasl-src, in which case the src package
would be downloaded if its not installed.

take care,
jason

--
Jason Woodward