[Slapt-get-devel] Translation typo.

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Mon Jun 13 16:35:49 EDT 2005

Hi Jörgen,

> When I started gslapt up for the first time, I added lots of
> repositories. Then I wanted to upgrade my system, and of course gslapt
> suggested that I should upgrade with a certain set of packages from each
> and every one of the repos I added. This is of course expekted.
>
> Lots of my packages I want to be upgraded from a "trusted" slackware
> repos (actually a slackware.com mirror) and some I don't care who
> actually created the package.
>
> I don't have _the_ sollution for this, but I have a few vague ideas that
> maybe could develop into something nice!
>
> If I only want to upgrade from specific slackware mirrors:
> 1) In the source settings one could have checkboxes in front of each
> source, which should activate or deactivate a source. This way I don't
> have to remove them from the source settings.
>
> 2) gslapt could suggest all newer versions of my package
> foo-x.y.z-arch-1, like:
>   # foo-x.y.z-arch-2me
>   # foo-x.y.z-arch-2you
>   # ...
>  I can't come up with a nice interface for this. (thinking... ;-) )

You can do that now with a search of: ^./slackware/

That only shows official slackware packages.

The configuration parser currently throughs out all disabled/commented out sources.

> One more thing. I think it would be nice to be able to save searches
> that later on could be clicked like a quick search... Ok saving them
> sounds quite weired, more like a clickable search history.

Yes.  I have autocomplete functionality built in but turned off by default.  Saving searches,
per session, however is doable.  I'll look into that.

take care,
jason