[Slapt-get-devel] Gslapt desktop shortcut (mainly)

Jakob Viketoft frg at viketoft.se
Thu May 25 08:14:43 EDT 2006

Hello again!

 > Hrmm, what package are you using?  The packages from software.jaos.org
 > should have this by default as the install.sh should be generated to
 > use one of those by default.

I'm using the slamd64-10.2-package from software.jaos.org, but I can see
that this exists in the doinst.sh script (didn't think to check for this
first). However, you seem to have forgotten the leading "/" in some
places (as when checking if gnomesu et al. exists), so it doesn't run as
intended here...

 > > Second, when --search'ing for a package in slapt-get, it's quite
easy to
 > > find the packages you want, but it's sometimes a bit tedious to
type the
 > > entire names when installing. If I try for example:
 > > slapt-get --install gecko-sharp
 > >
 > > I get "No such package:", even though this would be the only match to
 > > gecko-sharp-2.0. As of now, I have to do:
 > > slapt-get --install gecko-sharp-2.0

 > That is usually the case where you can use the short name and
 > slapt-get picks the newest version.  But gecko-sharp-2.0 is the
 > package name, denoting the 2.0 series of gecko-sharp.

Yes, but I was actually thinking of if it would be possible to type a
short version of the package's name, so if "gecko" would only match
gecko-sharp-2.0 it would be nice to be able to use that.

On something of the same note, it's quite tedious to type the entire
name+version+build etc when I want to downgrade a package manually (with
slapt-get since I can't get X running with the latest package :).
Shouldn't it be enough to specify up to the part that differ between the
two versions? Like if I have installed x11-7.0.0-x86_64-1.tgz and want
to downgrade to x11-6.9.0-x86_64-1.tgz for all x11 packages. Currently I
have to type all of x11-6.9.0-x86_64-1 for it to match, but it would be
nice just to use x11-6, x11-devel-6 etc. Just a thought...

Best regards,

	/Jakob