[Slapt-get-devel] Gslapt desktop shortcut (mainly)

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Thu May 25 15:12:01 EDT 2006

Hi Jakob,

> I'm using the slamd64-10.2-package from software.jaos.org, but I can see
> that this exists in the doinst.sh script (didn't think to check for this
> first). However, you seem to have forgotten the leading "/" in some
> places (as when checking if gnomesu et al. exists), so it doesn't run as
> intended here...

That is intentional.  Pkgtools installs the package from ROOT:=/.  It should still find those
in usr/bin/.

> Yes, but I was actually thinking of if it would be possible to type a
> short version of the package's name, so if "gecko" would only match
> gecko-sharp-2.0 it would be nice to be able to use that.

Each package follows a different naming convention.  The only constant is the format of the
entire package name.  I think outside of search, installing, upgrading, and removing should be
explicit.  You ask for what you want.

take care,
jason

--