[Slapt-get-user] ChangeLog.txt + update-notifier Error

J Kvalvaag slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:12:16 +0200 (CEST)

> Were you ever able to reproduce my problem?  In fact I just learned that in
> addition to email problem below, the script isn't actually working at all.
> The way I came to this conclusion is that I ran your script, I received the
> defunct email as usual, then I ran 'slapt-get --dist-upgrade' and it said I
> was fully up to date. Then just for kicks I ran 'slapt-get --update'
> manually, then ran 'slapt-get --dist-upgrade' again and now it says I had 7
> packages that needed upgrading.

I'm really sorry but I havent had time to do much about it yet.
The script is primarily made for use on production servers, on which it works
fine. Like it is now, the script is not tested on upgrading from "current".
Furthermore, it handles only standard Slackware package repositories.
I'll look into it as soon as I get some spare time.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Joran