[Slapt-get-user] Sync'ing current

sean donner slapt-get-user@software.jaos.org
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:56:24 -0700

> > Hi, I just installed a 'clean' copy of 10.0 and now what I'd like to achieve
> > is what all the BSD guys with 'ports' do which is never have to do another
> > 'clean install' again.  Basically whenever 11.0 comes out, ill effectively
> > already have everything it comes with.
>
> Yes, that's what I use it for, using the --dist-upgrade option.

Ok great, I currently have a script I downloaded off the net that runs slapt-get every night in a cron job and will do an --update and notify me by email if it finds anything new and it also includes the changelog.  I was just curious if instead of doing --upgrade I should be doing --dist-upgrade now that im tracking current?  By the way, I think having an "offical" script that does this notify-by-email would be a really nice addition to slapt-get if you can find the time.