[Slapt-get-user] error while loading shared libraries: libidn.so.11

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Mon Oct 25 23:42:43 EDT 2004

Hi Nathan,

> I get the following message after upgrading to 0.9.9c
>
> root at deathstar:/home/jidar# slapt-get
> slapt-get: error while loading shared libraries: libidn.so.11: cannot
>
> Any ideas? I wasn't able to find libidn.so in the MANIFEST file for
> slackware. So I'm not even sure where the file comes from. I've also
> tried to reinstall slapt-get to no avail.

Can you fill in a few blanks for me?

What version of slackware are you using?
Did you get 0.9.9c via slapt-get and if so can you share your slapt-getrc file?
If you upgraded by hand, where did you get the package (what site and was it a package built
for your slack release)?
What does $( ldd /sbin/slapt-get ) output?

thanks and take care,
jason