[Slapt-get-user] Slapt-get and /testing

Dan Barber danb at mojolin.com
Mon Jan 31 09:29:55 EST 2005

Alex,

If you do a slapt-get --list | grep kernel-modules, you'll find that it
lists both kernel-modules-2.4.29 and kernel-modules-2.6.10.  slapt-get is
just choosing the latest one.

What you should consider doing is separating your rc file into several
different, specialty rc files.  For example, I have a slapt-getrc.lp for
linuxpackages, a slapt-getrc.as for audioslack, a slapt-getrc.test for
slackware testing and example packages.

Then all you have to do is use the --config tag to specify which rc you
want to work with:  slapt-get --config /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc.ls
--update

Dan