[Slapt-get-user] Slapt-get and /testing

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Mon Jan 31 09:56:34 EST 2005

Hi,

> WORKINGDIR=/var/slapt-get
> EXCLUDE=kernel-ide,kernel-source,kernel-headers,kernel-modules,lilo,.*-[0-9]
> dl$,devs
> SOURCE=http://slackware.at/data/slackware-current/
> SOURCE=http://slackware.at/data/slackware-current/extra/
> SOURCE=http://slackware.at/data/slackware-GUS/slackware-current/
> SOURCE=http://slackware.at/data/slackware-current/testing/
> SOURCE=http://www2.linuxpackages.net/packages/Slackware-10.0/
> SOURCE=http://www.audioslack.com/packages/10.0
> SOURCE=http://software.jaos.org/slackpacks/current/
>
> > > I was updating my system's kernel/modules and the works. Previously it
> > > kernel-source from the 2.6.10 series and now that I am updating kernel-
> > ide
> > > and kernel-modules yet it chooses them out of different areas:
> > > Downloading http://slackware.at/data/slackware-current/ kernel-ide
> > > 2.4.29-i486-1 [1MB]...Done
> > > Downloading http://slackware.at/data/slackware-current/testing/
> > > kernel-modules 2.6.10-i486-1 [10MB]... 65%

Because there is no kernel-ide package under /testing/.  As you have the kernel-ide package
installed, it will attempt to upgrade it when it's not excluded, --ignore-excludes is used, or
you specify it with --install.

The kernel-modules package is being pulled from testing as that is the most up to date version
of the package.  Exclude it, or specify which version you want with --install
kernel-modules-2.4.29-i486-1 .

take care,
jason