[Slapt-get-user] Maybe a little bug

Serban Udrea S.Udrea at gsi.de
Wed Oct 19 08:23:51 EDT 2005

Hi Jason,

and thank you for your answer!

Maybe it would be nice if something like --force-upgrade (or a --force option) would exist
in connection with such situations.

Anyway, I think that a message would be useful when usual --upgrade encounters a situation
like this; e.g.:

"New package tcpip-0.17-i486-31b available. Upgrade from old tcpip-0.17-i486-31 is not
compulsory. If you want the new package to be installed please use
whatever-option-combination-needed."

If you consider this a good thing too, I would try to make the changes and send you a patch.

Best regards,

Serban