[Slapt-get-user] Slapt-get produces duplicate output when searching packages

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Sat Apr 1 15:54:05 EST 2006

Hi Hiram,

>   I use Slack 10.2 and slapt-get 0.9.11b which I installed recently.
>   I had 0.9.11 and I thought if I installed a newer version my problems
>   would go away.
>
>   The problem is when I use "slapt-get --search package" the output of
>   slapt-get
>   doubles some package names like this:
>
>   "slapt-get --search alsa" produces -->
>
>   This is a pain in the ass since I have to dig through a lot of stuff
>   to find what I need. is this a bug?

--search actually searches the name, version, location, and description of the packages.  So
your search term may show up in various places.  Since the argument to --search is a regular
expression, you can be explicit in what you want matched.  For example, to search for any
packages beginning with alsa, use the caret (^) modifier to specify beginning of string.
--search ^alsa will give you the finer grained results you are looking for.

HTH,
jason

--
Jason Woodward