[Slapt-get-user] Regex problem and exit codes

Rick Dicaire kritek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 16:38:55 EST 2014

$0.02

I recall an argument on some list years and years ago about the find util
returning 0 when no files were found....

Just because the command didn't return the data you requested
(notwithstanding any regex issues as you mentioned) doesn't mean it didn't
execute, and exit successfully. I believe it is correct to exit 0 as the
program itself didn't falter.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 2:52 PM, George Vlahavas <vlahavas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> I noticed that doing a:
> slapt-get --search gtk+3
> or
> slapt-get --search gtk+2
> doesn't actually return any of those packages as part of the results.
> Obviously the + is being interpreted as a regex. But it just feels weird
> that it doesn't return the package with an exact match.
>
> Same problem with slapt-src:
> slapt-src --search c++-gtk-utils
> returns nothing, but there is a slackbuild with that name.
>
> Also, doing
> slapt-get --show not-a-package
> or
> slapt-get --search not-a-package
> returns exit code 0. Same with slapt-src. Probably it should return
> something other than 0 since it finds nothing?
>
> Best regards,
>
> George

aRDy Music and Rick Dicaire present:
http://www.ardynet.com