[Slapt-get-user] Regex problem and exit codes

Jason Woodward woodwardj at jaos.org
Thu Feb 13 20:49:06 EST 2014

> George Vlahavas <vlahavas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> I noticed
that doing a:
> slapt-get --search gtk+3
> or
> slapt-get
> --search gtk+2
> doesn't actually return any of those packages as part of the
> results.
> Obviously the + is being interpreted as a regex. But it just
> feels
weird
> that it doesn't return the package with an exact match.
>
> Same
> problem with slapt-src:
> slapt-src --search c++-gtk-utils
> returns
nothing,
> but there is a slackbuild with that name.

http://software.jaos.org/git/slapt-get/commit/?id=d912cbd8d56f845219aca1e55
6d586c8adf4ee97

This should take care of slapt-src as well since it uses
the slapt-get library interface.

> Also, doing
> slapt-get --show

not-a-package
> or
> slapt-get --search not-a-package
> returns exit code
0. Same
> with slapt-src. Probably it should return
> something other than
0 since it
> finds nothing?

I'm not sure about that (Rick Dicaire's reply
is reasonable IMO).  I just changed the show option, however, as that did
not return non-zero on not found.

take care,
jason