[Slapt-get-devel] Detecting Downgrades and Removals?

SiegeX siegex at atozcomp.com
Sun Jan 16 16:33:40 EST 2005

Heh, I hate to keep replying to my hasty emails but I just noticed the
'--remove-obsolete' option, when did that sneak in? =).  So you can
disregard the removing old packages question, but the downgrade question
still remains.

However, I did think of something that would be a nice addition to
slapt-get.  I noticed that when I ran
'slapt-get --dist-upgrade --remove-obsolete' I was prompted to remove all
the packages ive added manually with 'checkinstall -S'.  My only choice is
to either say yes to remove them all, remove none of them or to go into
slapt-getrc and add an entry for each one I want to keep into the EXCLUDE
list which can get tedious.   I think it would be nice to add an
'--interactive' option that would work for --upgrade, --dist-upgrade
and --remove-obsolete that would prompt me for a [y/N] on each package to
install/remove.  Whatcha think?

-Sean